Friday, October 22, 2010

Journey to the Manger Rehearsal 2

I got a little out of the swing of things with Masquer over the last few months.  Somehow, even though I've been around for 5 years, I forgot what a rehearsal felt like.  It sounds stupid, but I was actually surprised by how productive it felt!  Wow, it's great to be back!  I know it's not perfect, and there will be even more twicking once the rest of the cast is there, but so far I'm happy with Celebrate, and I'm happy with the work God helped us to accomplish at this rehearsal.

I'm also so excited about the talent God has brought to our group.  I sat next to Amanda during our vocal rehearsal, at the alto table, and all I have to say is, girl can sing!  Wow!  So I found who I'm going to be migrating towards to listen to :-)  So hopefully blocking doesn't change my plan :-)  But in general, there is was so much talent in that room.  Such gifted singers are a part of this musical, and I'm excited that we're going to be spending a lot of time in vocal rehearsal.  Not only because I know I need it, but because I'm excited to listen to the gifts God has given to my cast mates.

Now, not to be shallow, but my favorite part of rehearsal was near the end, when JR showed me sketches of the dress she is making as one of my costumes.  Incredible.  I can not wait to wear it and I'm so excited it gets to be me who wears it!  Yay!

Now it's Friday night, and I need a break from Celebrate.  I like the song, but I don't feel that I've made much progress, so I'll just sit next to Amanda at rehearsal again :-)

1 comment:

  1. you're such a cutie! I hope we're blocked together too! I have fun with you ;)

    ReplyDelete