Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Risen

Last Saturday I had to work in the morning.  It was my second 6 day week in a row, and I didn't feel like doing anything but taking a nap when I got home, but I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't.  Instead I changed clothes and went to workday at the theatre.  Once I was there I was renewed with energy.  That probably had something to do with getting there at just the right time, lunch time :-)  Jennifer brought yummy bbq chicken sandwiches that were sooo good!  After a great lunch and fun conversation I actually got to work.

Ian and I found some mystery wood that ended up being just what Ryan and Clayton needed for the project they were working on.  (God does funny things like that.)  Then I got to use power tools!  I love power tools!  I took apart the huge manger scene platform because a smarter way was discovered.  This new way of constructing that scene makes so much more space backstage!  Yay for brilliant ideas (Thank you Jesus!)  Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay too late, I was only there for 3 hours (not including lunch).  But anytime anyone can be a part of workday is awesome, because many hands make light work.

The day after workday was rehearsal.  This was interesting.  We're doing the same show, but because it's been one year, and there are new people, it's not the same show.  Trying to recreate some on the concepts from last years show was Sunday's challenge, but God was good to us.  At one point I heard Ian say "It's only 4?  I still have an hour?"  I felt the same way.  It just seemed like God was blessing us with time to do so much, and much work was done.

I can't wait for you all to see the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment